Introducing the new and improved Modustar Belisha beacon. Designed specifically to provide excellent visibility, during both day and night, it ultimately improves road safety. It also aims to reduce the number of incidents that occur on pedestrian crossings.
With more than 5,000 road traffic accidents on pedestrian crossings every year, Simmonsigns wanted to enhance the products used to alert road users to the presence of a crossing.
Putting years of knowledge and expertise to work, our design team have continued to evolve the Modubel range of Belisha beacons. Furthermore, by conducting several product developments, we have been able to ensure that our product meets the detailed specification requirements.
- We have enhanced Modustar’s noticeability whilst maintaining the iconic, highly-recognisable nature of a Belisha beacon (as per TSRGD guidelines)
- The improved product provides outstanding day and night time visibility
- Additional high intensity LED arrays have been added to Modustar’s independent internal light source, delivering outstanding visibility. Furthermore, the intensity of these LEDs can be adjusted to suit individual site requirements
- It has been tested to meet BS8442 luminescence and light source standards
- It is pre-wired with a 24-volt AC transformer for ease of installation
- Modustar is IP56 certified for a longer life and reduced maintenance, making it a cost-effective road safety solution
- It has a tough construction with a unique vandal-resistant globe fixing system
- It can be retro-fitted to existing zebra crossing posts
- In order to reduce intensity and energy consumption, Modustar automatically dims at night
- Through their additional conspicuity devices, Modustar beacons improve crossing visibility and safety, helping to reduce fatalities
- The additional conspicuity devices can be independently adjusted for intensity
Why choose us for your Belisha beacons?
- We operate to ISO 9001 and 14001 Quality and Environmental standards
- As long-standing members of ARTSM (Association of Road Traffic Safety and Management), we work closely with the Association, contributing to technical and safety standards. In fact, ARTSM has confirmed that test reports on the Modustar beacon conform to BS 8442:2015
- Local authorities have recognised a significant improvement in several locations. They have all welcomed the Modustar into their locations
Retailing at under £1,000, our Modustar beacons are a cost-effective solution to making roads safer for everyone. They fall in line with industry test and inspect standards and, furthermore, they also come with a six-year warranty.
If you would like to find out more about Modustar, or if you would like to place an order, please feel free to get in touch.